Best Coffee Maker Guide
For many people, the only way to get them going in the morning is by having a cup of coffee first. After all, a nice cup of hot coffee is one of the best ways to start the day and prepare you for your daily grind. That is why, if you love coffee, having the right equipment to brew or make fresh coffee at home is essential. If you have not found the right coffee maker yet, it would help to learn more so that you can get the one that will perfectly suit your coffee preference and your lifestyle
Types of Coffee Makers According to Needs
You need to think about how you want to have your coffee every time. Do you want a strong coffee flavor in every cup? Do you need to make more than one cup at once? You should consider your different needs in choosing the most suitable coffee maker for you.
Espresso machines are known to give coffee lovers the rich and strong flavor of coffee by forcing minimal water through compressed finely ground coffee. They may require more time and effort from you, but if you prefer having a strong cup of flavorful coffee every morning, then you might want to get yourself an espresso machine.
As mentioned earlier, there are three general types of espresso machines and these are automatic, semi-automatic and manual, and pod and capsule machines. For those who are on a budget, there is also the steam type, which are also known as the lower-priced espresso makers. It is categorized as an espresso machine, but produces coffee like a drip coffee maker.You can also read our Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
Why do you need an espresso machine? Espresso machines have great features that will definitely convince you that you need them. Also, you need a shot of espresso as a base to make other coffee drinks such as a cafe latte, mocha, machiattto, and so much more.
Benefits of Espresso Machines
It is easy to use. You do not have to be an expert coffee maker to use an espresso machine. With just a few touches on the control and the right coffee grounds, you can produce the finest tasting coffee every time.
You can take control of the process. You can make your coffee, however you want it. You can add or reduce water or coffee grounds to come up with the taste that you want.
You can save money in the long run. Espresso machines may not be cheap, but if you think about the money that you will save since you would not need to go to the coffee shop anymore to get yourself a freshly brewed coffee, you can definitely save a significant amount.Though we have a build a list of Best Espresso Machines Under 200 USD considering Quality,Service,Users rating and so many factors.
Much like the espresso machine, cappuccino makers also come in three types: pod cappuccino makers, semi-automatic cappuccino makers, and super automatic cappuccino makers.
Pod cappuccino makers are the perfect choice for those who prefer a machine that is low maintenance and easy to clean. With this type, all you have to do is insert a pod into the machine and wait for the cappuccino to pour out. What’s good about this type is that it uses pods and milk frother so you will always have the same consistency every time.
On the other hand, semi-automatic makers are recommended for those who want to be hands-on in making their coffee. With this, you have to grind the coffee, extract the espresso, and steam the milk. It may require more effort, but among the three types, coffee made from a semi-automatic coffee machine is always the best coffee.
Lastly, super-automatic makers, as the name implies, automate the process of preparing your coffee. These machines are the most expensive because they are a combination of the pod’s convenience and the semi-automatic’s coffee flavor and quality. You do not have to grind the beans, extract the espresso, and froth the milk as it will do all that for you.
If you want the rich coffee flavor that an espresso machine produces, yet you do not want to spend a lot of money buying one, then you should opt for the French Press. It is a manual way of making flavorful coffee, but it is very easy, especially once you get used to it.
Basically, a French Press is used to steep coffee grounds in hot water for several minutes. After steeping, the plunger inside is used to separate the grounds from the extracted coffee. It can usually make about 4 to 5 servings of coffee, but can be more or less depending on the size.
What most people like about the French Press is its portability. So, if you love traveling and would want to make your own coffee anywhere you go, then you should definitely get yourself this one. Typically, they are made of glass, but there are models made with sturdy and insulated materials.
The only setback is that there is a chance of having floating grounds in your coffee, but if you do not mind, then there should be no problem at all. Aside from coffee, you can also use it to prepare your favorite tea.
This coffee machine may be unconventional, but this may be the perfect one for you if you prefer brewing your coffee one at a time. It is also recommended for those who like to have variety and who want to have coffee fast without having to clean up a lot. Because of its convenience, it is best for those who are always on the go and running short on time.
Aside from the fast turnout, single serve coffee machines also have other great features. They have strength and temperature selection, which allow you to choose the strength of your coffee using the same amount. They can also control the water’s temperature and the amount of time needed to saturate the coffee grounds.
You can also choose from a wide variety of beverage pods. Just make sure that you get the correct one for your machine and you also check their compatibility. There are even some companies which make reusable filters and fill able pods, which you can fill with your favorite ground coffee.
Types of Espresso Machine and Which one You should Buy?
These days, there are so many types of coffee makers available on the market that it can be really confusing to decide which one to buy. To help you with your decision, you have to consider your needs and use them when choosing the right product.
Generally, there are three types of espresso machines: automatic espresso machines, semi-automatic and manual espresso machines, and pod and capsule machines.
- Automatic Espresso Machines :This type is usually recommended for a small office or home kitchen because it is the easiest to use. You just need to place your cup under the spout, press the button, and wait. It uses freshly ground coffee beans to make the espresso, so you can have freshly brewed coffee each time.
- Semi-automatic and Manual Espresso Machines : Unlike the automatic type wherein you only have to press a button, this type allows you to be more hands-on in preparing your coffee. They may require a little more effort, as well as knowledge and practice of different techniques in coffee preparation.Basically, you have to put ground coffee manually into the group head and set it to pour. If you use a manual machine, you have to cut the flow of coffee, but if you use a semi-automatic, the machine will automatically cut the flow once your cup has enough coffee. The amount of coffee can be pre-set to ensure that there will be no spills.
- Pod and Capsule Machines : Pods are compressed coffee between two filter papers, while capsules are coffee in an airtight container, usually the size of a single-serve UHT milk holder. These machines are easy to use as they will only require you to insert a pod or a capsule to start pouring coffee. However, they may not have the same intensity in terms of the coffee flavor.
Factors in Choosing the Best Coffee Maker
In choosing the best equipment that will give you a nice cup of coffee each morning, or anytime of the day, you need to consider some important factors and features such as the following:
- Simple Panel and Controls
- Generally, machines with digital displays are easier to understand compared to machines with only indicator lights. The controls should be simple and direct, to the point that it can be operated by anyone who can read.
- Adjustable Grinder
- Grinders usually come built-in on automatic coffee machines. This is one thing that you should look for because it allows you to adjust the grind, depending on the coffee bean that you are using.
- Cup-warming Tray
- This is another important factor because it prevents coffee from cooling down quickly. With this feature, you can have warm coffee anytime that you like.
- Variable Coffee Strength
- This feature allows you to make some adjustments and tweak the intensity of your coffee however you want it.
- You also have to consider the space that you have at home. Do you have enough space to accommodate a big coffee machine or do you need to get something that works well but will not occupy too much space?
Lastly, make sure that you get a machine that is of the right size and height so that it can have its perfect spot on your kitchen countertop